The Sociocracy Consulting Group website has a collection a of resources including videos explaining sociocracy and featuring people who are using sociocracy in their organizations. A sampling of those available is listed below. At this writing they are all on one page, just scroll down to find the ones you would like to watch. (The links within each listing are to the organizations represented, not the videos.)
- Excerpts from Ted Millich’s documentary Beyond Democracy.
- Paul Kervick from Living Well, an award-winning health care organization in Bristol MA.
- Renee Owen, Executive Director of Rainbow Mountain Children’s School in Asheville, NC.
- Clips of several members of a permaculture group, Lost Valley Educational Center and intentional community.
- A series of videos by Nathaniel Whitestone of Aptivate and Decision Lab in Great Britain that introduce the principles and methods of sociocracy. Nathaniel is also very involved with cooperative organizations in the UK.
There are also a number of videos on YouTube, including copies of these, though at this point the ones collected at the Sociocracy Consulting site are the most accurate and useful.
Please let us know if you find additional videos. We would like to index them so people can find them. The examples of organizations using sociocracy are growing exponentially so it is difficult to track them.
Categories: Books Videos Websites