Sheella Mierson, a member of the Sociocracy Consulting Group, helps individuals and organizations design structures, processes, and relationships for creative collaboration. She supports her clients aligning goals, policies, & operations throughout their organization; setting up collaborative structures & processes to make policy decisions; accessing their group’s collective intelligence; and designing their relationships for collaboration and productivity. She works on multiple levels, from organizational to interpersonal, empowering clients to address the challenges they face. Her passion is to create joyful, productive relationships and workplaces, where everyone’s voice matters.
As a sociocracy consultant, she draws on broad experience as a teacher, business trainer, facilitator, and organizational consultant. Initially trained as a biophysicist, she became skilled at fostering collaborative teamwork in both research and classroom environments and has published articles on highly interactive methods of teaching in academic and business settings. After a career in science, she shifted from laboratory research to the people skills that deeply impact the outcomes of scientific ventures.
Originally focused on people skills for the workplace, Sheella incorporated sociocracy into her consulting practice, Creative Learning Solutions, as the most effective method for making decisions and for creating organizational cultures that support strong collaborative skills. She is a partner in Blueprint of We California. She has worked with clients across several continents in the pharmaceutical, insurance, financial, apparel, service, and health care industries, as well in higher education, government, and the nonprofit sector.
Education, credentials, awards
- The Sociocracy Consulting Group
- PhD in Biophysics from the University of Michigan.
- Certified Facilitator for the Blueprint of We Collaboration Document, used to build trust, creativity, effortlessness, and resilience into relationships.
- Hall of Fame member, North American Students of Cooperation (NASCO).
- Extensive training in counseling skills, organizational change, leadership, conflict resolution, facilitation, diversity, workshop design, and sociocracy.
Categories: Learning More